Intelliflo VS-3050 pump speed settings for turnover rate of 23,000 gallon pool
5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Posted

Hi,

I would like to know speed settings for my VS-3050 to have turnover rates of my 23,000 gallon pool.

Thank you,

Robert

Please Sign In to post comments
Richard's picture
Tech, Pentair
Depending on how long it has
Richard's picture
Tech, Pentair
Posted

Depending on how long it has been recommended to run your pump you will need to turn your water over at least once a day, on page 27 is a curve chart for gpm vs. rpm, with this chart you will be able to determine at what speed you will need to set your pump at to begin with. Example; 8 hours run time, your pump will need to produce 48 gpm at the return of your pool, this will include head loss of your system. you also will want to set a high speed from 2-3 hours for high speed cleaning and skimming or to activate your automatic pool cleaner, this speed can vary depending on your pool system and will need to be determined on site.

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/IntelliFloVSOM.pdf

Hi,
Posted

Hi,

I am also looking for this information. We have a 14000 gallon pool and we recently got Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018 Variable speed pool pump installed.

Thanks for pointing to the curve chart. However, the chart addresses only the pre set speeds from pentair (750 RPM, 1500 RPM, 2350 RPM etc.). We wanted to know how much gpm is associated with a speed of lets say 1000 RPM, 1200 RPM or 1700 RPM ? Could you please help us out ?

What is a better speed to run the pump at for higher energy optimizations ? 750 RPM * higher number of hours OR 1000 RPM at a lower number of hours ?

Thank you,

Neha

Richard's picture
Tech, Pentair
For any other rpm speed and
Richard's picture
Tech, Pentair
Posted

For any other rpm speed and gpm ratings for any other speeds will need to be estimated according to the other curves we show as far as rpm goes. Your lower speeds will need to be determined on site, 750 maybe suitable with a longer running time, but unfortunately I would not be able to determine that. To dial in a specific speed and hours running will need to be determined on a trial basis to begin with.

If you have a pentair check
Posted

If you have a pentair check valve on your plumbing you can easily install a flow-vis flowmeter/check valve combo (from h2flow - Pentair make one of these please!) and then you will know the actual speed of the water and not a theroretical Head calculation. this is the easiest method to figure the speed, and then determine the necessary pump speed to achieve the turnover that you need to keep your pool clean (most residential systems are designed for 10-12 hour turnover) and yes as Richard said i would have some high speed periods to help the skimmers and cleaner do their jobs. I would recommend lower speed for more hours, pumps are more efficient at lower speeds, but you must overcome the resistance of the system (head) and have enough flow to drive items like cleaners and heaters, so it is a bit of a balancing act, but knowing the actual speed of the water is the biggest aid in this process.