I have searched many of the threads on this forum and I can't find a problem that is similar to my issue. Let me start off with, we recently upgrade one of our pool pumps to the Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo VS and the Pentair Screen logic 2 system. When we went to start up the spa the next day we ran into the following issue.
- System goes into Spa mode
- PENTAIR MASTERTEMP 400 turns on
- Goes through the standard boot up procedure (128/R13 appear on the LCD of heater)
- Stays on for approximately 15-20 secs....Heater light blinking)
- Heater kicks into heat mode and stays on for 10 secs
- Shuts off heater and LCD spikes temperature to 125
- No longer able to turn on heat because heater thinks it's at 125...Have to wait 20-30 minutes for the heater to think it has cooled down.
I called PENTAIR and the suggested I replace the Thermistor. I replaced it and still have a the same issue. I checked the control board for any light indicators...nothing.
Before I systematticaly replace every part in the heater, I wanted to see if this forum had any suggestion. Everyone seems to point to the Control Board, but I want to ensure I just don't throw money at this problem.
Thanks in advance!