David MacCallum's picture
Pentair
ScreenLogic Connect for Android - New version available on Google Play Store 2/4/17
15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pentair
Posted

Hi everyone,

Please download ScreenLogic Connect for Android from the Google Play Store. It was posted on 2/4/17.

Regards,

David MacCallum
Sr. Product Manager

Please Sign In to post comments
Why is the new version so
Posted

Why is the new version so slow to load? Seems like it takes about twice as long as the original.

Pentair seems to have fixed
Posted

Pentair seems to have fixed the load time via an app update. The white screen does not look as good, nor as readable as the original black screen. Pentair should have just used the old GUI and added more features to it. The old version looked really nice, why mess with it?

Pentair
Hi Gary, we updated the
Pentair
Posted

Hi Gary, we updated the Android version to the latest material design specs. Numerous people were complaining about the dark, drab look of the old app so we decided to lighten it up since this has been the trend with apps for the last several years. We may add a dark mode option in the future for the people that still prefer the old look.

Really! If that's the case
Posted

Really! If that's the case then why are we on this forum complaining about the white back ground,make it a choice for everone.
I hope you will put out a new version soon! Thanks

Pentair
Hi Gary, please define slow.
Pentair
Posted

Hi Gary, please define slow. To connect, I time the new Android app at 5.1 seconds versus 3.5 for the iOS app. We will continue to tweak the new Android app. Also, let me know what Android phone you are using and which version of Android. It may be phone/OS dependent. There are only 10,642 versions of Android devices that supposedly are compatible with the new ScreenLogic Android app.

I can't get the pool or spa
Posted

I can't get the pool or spa controls to work from remote in the new app. I can see the pool status, but if i press a button it flashes blue for one sec and then turns back off. I can't tell at all whether the pool or spa are on at the moment. the buttons are grey, and turn back grey 1 second after pushing them. Pool is completely unusuable with this app.

actually, doesn't work from
Posted

actually, doesn't work from local on the same network either. I no longer have the ability to control my pool at all. this is on Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 6.

and.... nevermind. My pool
Posted

and.... nevermind. My pool service guy left the box in service mode. :/
FYI: The PC version of the app puts an indicator up to show that it's in service mode. That would have been a nice feature for the phone app.
Visually, the new app is somewhat asthetically unlovely as well, and the white background screen sucks down battery like mad for someone who is watching the display waiting for a spa to heat. Black was the better choice.

This new app for androids and
Posted

This new app for androids and windows is terrible! I thought I have the best system? I don't like the app, doesn't give you time line of time, temperature, etc.. the back ground white sucks. I hope you have a new app soon, half the time, I can't even control it. I have to go out to the pump motor to operate. We want to see everthing on one screen as we operate. Not have to jump from one screen to the next. Very slow. I bet you mac and iPhone people don't have this issue, Somone here must love mac, if you look at iphones apps is very nice,

Richard's picture
Tech, Pentair
Thank you for your comments
Richard's picture
Tech, Pentair
Posted

Thank you for your comments in regards to the Android app, at this time Pentair will always continue to make improvements with our products, your comments are important to us to help us continue improve our products and to know what the consumer is looking for, if you would like to speak to a representative, please contact us at 1-800-831-7133

When in the PC program under
Posted

When in the PC program under the Setting menu I have the light colors option such that I can individually set the color for my spa light and my pool lights (2 Intellibrite 5g in my pool on one Easy touch relay and 1 Intellibrite 5g in my spa on another Easy Touch relay). I have my spa light set to red and my pool lights set to blue usually, but like to change them now and then. Please consider putting this option in the next update of Screenlogic Mobile. I want to change to colors from my Android tablet outside by the pool instead of running into the house to my PC to do this.

I'd like to offer my comments
Posted

I'd like to offer my comments / observations on the new Screenlogic Connect Android version 2.0.0.68.
Others on this forum have referred to the aesthetics regarding light or dark screens, and I concur, that an option would be appreciated.
Functionally I found the following issues when using the app on an Android v 5.0.1 tablet.
The screens show 'Beta Version'.
The Connection screen is limited to portrait mode.
Upon connection, the Main menu screen appears to the left and overlays what was previously considered the Home screen (now the Summary).

Summary Screen. The Summary screen initially displays the Temperatures, Set Points, etc, and now requires the user to select the 'Circuits' header to display the right hand side of the old Home screen. Forecast temperatures and current date/time are no longer displayed.

Circuits Screen. Somewhat disturbingly, the listed circuits now appear to be touch sensitive. I accidentally switched off the pool pump when I touched the 'pool' circuit. This is a MAJOR change from both the previous version and the Windows / Mac OS-X applications. These fields previously have not been touch- or mouse-sensitive. If they are now touch-sensitive, I would expect them to go to the circuit's detail screen, rather than turn on / off the circuit. Additionally, the circuit displays do not appear to refresh in realtime. I monitored my Spillway starting on my OS-X app, but there was no change on the new Android Circuits screen. I also turned on the Spa, with similar result. I had to reconnect to display the status on the Circuits screen.

Circuit detail Screens. (Pool or Spa). The status buttons are all shown with grey background, in contrast with the previous version where grey, green or red indicated status. Previously, during heater cooldown, the 'Pool” button pulsated. How do you accomplish this now?

Circuit detail Screens (Features or Lights). These screens have the more familiar slider buttons to indicate off / on. Although these are still not color-coded. For consistency, should the Pool and Spa screens should also use slider buttons where applicable?

Lights. In portrait mode, only one of the three header buttons is displayed (Lights On/Off, Color Lights, Intellibrite). In Landscape mode, all three headers are correctly displayed and functional. Otherwise, light functions appear to be similar to previous version.

Schedules. An added function which I haven't tested on the Android. Presumably, 'Run Once' and 'Egg Timer' will be added to a subsequent release.

History. In portrait mode, the display is reasonable (imo), but in day-mode, the vertical lines for 3 hour intervals are not intuitive. Please display the time at the base of the line. Switching between portrait and landscape causes the day/week/month option to reset to 'day'. In landscape mode, I believe a lot of real estate is wasted displaying the keys to the right of the screen instead of below. Again, the vertical lines require the time to be displayed.

Despite some of the concerns raised on this forum, I'm glad to see Pentair continuing to invest in improving the Screenlogic app. I have some suggestions for further enhancement, but will detail those on a subsequent post.

Pentair
Paul,
Pentair
Posted

Paul,

Thanks for your feedback. Many of the items you listed should be fixed in build 68. Please confirm that you are running build 68. We made the summary screen buttons active due to the overwhelming negative earlier feedback we received.

Hi David, yes, according to
Posted

Hi David, yes, according to the Settings button, it is version 2.0.0.68. I installed this update earlier today.