David MacCallum's picture
Pentair
ScreenLogic Connect for Android - New version available on Google Play Store 2/4/17
8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pentair
Posted

Hi everyone,

Please download ScreenLogic Connect for Android from the Google Play Store. It was posted on 2/4/17.

Regards,

David MacCallum
Sr. Product Manager

Please Sign In to post comments
Why is the new version so
Posted

Why is the new version so slow to load? Seems like it takes about twice as long as the original.

Pentair seems to have fixed
Posted

Pentair seems to have fixed the load time via an app update. The white screen does not look as good, nor as readable as the original black screen. Pentair should have just used the old GUI and added more features to it. The old version looked really nice, why mess with it?

Pentair
Hi Gary, we updated the
Pentair
Posted

Hi Gary, we updated the Android version to the latest material design specs. Numerous people were complaining about the dark, drab look of the old app so we decided to lighten it up since this has been the trend with apps for the last several years. We may add a dark mode option in the future for the people that still prefer the old look.

Pentair
Hi Gary, please define slow.
Pentair
Posted

Hi Gary, please define slow. To connect, I time the new Android app at 5.1 seconds versus 3.5 for the iOS app. We will continue to tweak the new Android app. Also, let me know what Android phone you are using and which version of Android. It may be phone/OS dependent. There are only 10,642 versions of Android devices that supposedly are compatible with the new ScreenLogic Android app.

I can't get the pool or spa
Posted

I can't get the pool or spa controls to work from remote in the new app. I can see the pool status, but if i press a button it flashes blue for one sec and then turns back off. I can't tell at all whether the pool or spa are on at the moment. the buttons are grey, and turn back grey 1 second after pushing them. Pool is completely unusuable with this app.

actually, doesn't work from
Posted

actually, doesn't work from local on the same network either. I no longer have the ability to control my pool at all. this is on Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 6.

and.... nevermind. My pool
Posted

and.... nevermind. My pool service guy left the box in service mode. :/
FYI: The PC version of the app puts an indicator up to show that it's in service mode. That would have been a nice feature for the phone app.
Visually, the new app is somewhat asthetically unlovely as well, and the white background screen sucks down battery like mad for someone who is watching the display waiting for a spa to heat. Black was the better choice.