Easy Eats (and Drinks) for Labor Day Entertaining
Ahhh, Labor Day. It’s the perfect opportunity to have a get-together with friends and family and bask in the warm weather for a little while longer. But, Labor Day parties don’t have to feel like a chore. With these quick and yummy recipes, you’ll spend more time enjoying the party than prepping for it!
There’s a good chance your party will probably feature a grilled item or two. But, if you’re looking for some other ideas—or additions—to the usual offerings, try these satisfying options.
- Avocado Salsa: This bright and delicious dip appeals to the eyes as well as the taste buds!
- Fresh Fruit Skewers: You can use the suggested fruits or pick your favorites for a sweet summer treat. Get the kids involved in making this one!
- Lemon Pepper Wings: Finger foods are always a welcome addition at any party. Plus, these savory wings free up the grill for burgers and dogs.
- Labor Day Seafood Boil: This easy and delicious seafood boil is a perfect way to celebrate the end of summer. All you do is boil!
- Rhubarb Bars: Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and you’ve got the perfect flavors of summer.
- Strawberry Ritz Cake: Don’t heat up the kitchen this Labor Day; make this easy, no-bake cake.
Offering up tasty and refreshing drinks is the surest way to get your party flowing. These easy-to-make recipes use just a few ingredients for tasty beverages your guests are sure to love.
- Vitamin C Brew: Beer cocktails are popping up everywhere this summer, so why not at your soiree?
- Kir Royale: Two ingredients are all you need to make this celebration in a glass.
- The Paloma: Margaritas aren’t the only tequila drinks in town! This refreshing beverage is sure to become a summer staple.
- The Good Doctor: Classic Dr. Pepper pairs with bitter Amaro and rye whiskey for this fun adult soda. Best of all, it can be scaled to accommodate the number of guests.
- Summertime Sun Tea: For a family-friendly option, make colorful, nourishing and delicious slow cold water brewing tea. Pair your tea with fruits and herbs to create a custom drink.
- Water: Don’t forget this classic! From plain bottled to fruit-infused, water is a must for every party.
Labor Day may seem like summer’s last hurrah, but we prefer to think of it as just keeping the good times rolling! And, these fast and simple recipes make entertaining a breeze.
Did we miss your go-to Labor Day recipe? Let us know what it is in the comments!