Poolside Celebrations This Fall
Summer’s over and signs of fall are everywhere. The kids are back in school and the nights are getting cooler! But the changing seasons don’t mean you can’t still enjoy your pool right on through the fall. Your pool is still the centerpiece of your backyard, and it’s the perfect time of year to take advantage of the mild weather and get out and party. Here are some festive ideas for holiday pool parties this year!
Halloween is a great time for a party and your pool makes a great setting for a spooky celebration. Here are some suggestions for your own monster bash:
- Turn your pool into an eerie lagoon with a smoke machine. Combined with dyed pool water or colored LED pool lights, this will help set the spooky mood. Don’t forget to add a spooky skeleton in a floating lounge.
- You can also turn your pool into a pumpkin patch by floating real pumpkins or plastic jack-o-lanterns!
- Serve up some Halloween treats like these vampire bat truffles.
- Fire pits are great for Halloween parties. Roast marshmallows and tell ghost stories until the witching hour arrives!
- Finally, don’t forget the scary soundtrack.
Thanksgiving is the ultimate family holiday and having your Thanksgiving celebration poolside will make it extra special. Thanksgiving is a special time when we see the friends and family members we often don’t get to see enough of. Here are some tips for a poolside Thanksgiving that will bring on an extra helping of thankful:
- Grill it! Thanksgiving is a great time to fire up the grill and show off what you’ve practiced all summer.
- Thanksgiving isn’t Thanksgiving without football, so set up a TV outside!
- If your family is like most, Thanksgiving usually means a great gathering of kids! Keep everyone occupied with fun yard games like this one.
- Decorate your pool and backyard with seasonal favorites like pumpkins and straw bales. Don’t forget you can float pumpkins in the pool! You can also add some great warmth with fall leaves or even Thanksgiving wreaths.
- Serve up festive fall drinks like these apple cider mules. Need more ideas? Check these out!
Fall is a great time to get together with your friends and family. Get outside and party this fall; you’ll be glad you did.