Update Your Poolscape with This Season’s Coziest Colors
Fall is almost here, and you know what that means: changing leaves, pumpkin everything and the Fall 2017 PANTONE Fashion Color Report!
Like in years past, the 2017 fall color report is no disappointment as these colors are based on the hottest colors from New York Fashion Week.
“Bookended by a dynamic Grenadine red and a tawny Autumn Maple, the color palette for Fall 2017 leans more to warmth,” said Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute.
Check out the coziest colors of the season and let them inspire you to create a new fall poolscape or update your backyard oasis:
- Grenadine: Grenadine is not just a syrup that’s commonly used to sweeten up poolside cocktails. This powerful shade of red also adds an attention-getting pop of color to any poolscape. Buy throw pillows for your outdoor couch or pillar candles in this hue for a stunning centerpiece.
- Tawny Port: If you prefer a darker red, Tawny Port will fit the bill. A variation of burgundy, this shade has an elegant, refined feel that makes it perfect for plush couch cushions or poolside lounge chairs.
- Ballet Slipper: This soft hue adds a feminine touch to the bold, fall colors in your poolside décor. Place vases in this color on your outdoor end tables to create a sophisticated atmosphere or plant light pink pansies or mums—in your backyard garden.
- Butterum: Evoking thoughts of hot drinks by the fire on a brisk fall night, Butterum is a classic fall color. Add this color to your poolscape through throws or blankets for snuggling up in around your fire pit.
- Navy Peony: The new black, Navy Peony is solid, stable and is this season’s go-to neutral. It complements each of the colors in this season’s palette and would be the color for an outdoor rug.
- Neutral Gray: Sharing the anchoring role in this year’s palatte with Navy Peony, Neutral Gray is the perfect statement shade, especially when it comes to furniture. So if your poolside furniture needs a facelift, instead of replacing it, consider repainting it!
- Shaded Spruce: This blue-green easily catches the eye, making it a must-have for fall. Reminiscent of the spruce tree, this color is natural, sheltering and protective so it is perfect for a fresh fall canopy or draperies for your patio.
- Golden Lime: This yellow-green earthy tone isn't exactly a classic fall color, and that's what makes Golden Lime perfect for adding an unexpected, but complementary element to the mix. Outdoor tableware in this hue adds an intriguing accent to your fall pool parties. Pro tip: Wow your dinner guests by mixing and matching your tableware with any of this season’s PANTONE colors! Just make sure your table or tablecloth and centerpiece are neutral to make the place settings pop.
- Marina: A fresh shade of bright blue and the only cool color in the palette this season. Use Marina to add a splash of freshness and vitality to your fall poolscape through throw pillows, candles or just enjoy it as color of your pool water or with a stunning water feature, like the MagicBowl™ Water Effects.
- Autumn Maple: Every fall palette needs a quintessential autumn color that brings to mind fall leaves and warm lattes. Incorporate this color into your poolside design by relying on nature through flowers and fall foliage or add it on your own through decorative accent pieces like frames, candle holders or dishes.
For the first time ever, this fall’s Fashion Color Report also highlighted the top 10 colors for the upcoming season from London Fashion Week as well.
What do you think of the colors in this fall’s PANTONE pallettes? What colors would you have picked instead or even not at all? Let us know which shades you plan to add to your backyard this fall!